Google+ LeRoi Poet - A Poet For You: Finding Herself By LeRoi Poet

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Finding Herself By LeRoi Poet


Finding Herself Notes

High grade student, future looking bright,
sky is the limit, soaring high like a kite,
All of a sudden, it all took a plight.

Stop watching me,
Judging me…
“She’s fat”
“She’s ugly”
This is messed up,
You don’t even know me...

Begun with starving herself all day,
Happy she lost a few pounds, but the wrong way.

Dinner-time, sitting with the family,
“Can I eat in my room”, she asks politely,
Her parents let her go,
She went to the toilet though,
Lifted the commode,
And put fingers down her throat.

In the magazines all she sees,
Are size zero idols, classed as celebrities,
Seen on posters, billboards and TV,
Manipulating you like that’s what you have to be.

Days turned into weeks,
A’s turned into C’s,
She’s now classed as “cool”, no longer amongst “geeks”.
Something’s not right, still not happy,
I asked her what’s up?
And this is what she told me.

“What am I doing?”
“I’ve got a future to be pursuing”
“It’s not about money, fame or the latest ride”
“I’m deeper than that, what counts is the inside”
“I need to get back on track with my old life”
“Ignore things that want to cause me strife”
Geek, Neek, Nerd whatever you call it”
“In the end I know, I will make it”

So you watch me,
Judge me…
Call me fat,
Or ugly,
Truth is
I’m happy
God made me
So uniquely

Thanks for reading. Find more of my poems to the left.
© ROOTZ. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment