Google+ LeRoi Poet - A Poet For You: 2015 Taught Me... By LeRoi

Saturday 2 January 2016

2015 Taught Me... By LeRoi

2015 taught me that being "too nice" is actually not good. 

When you are too nice, you allow people to push your buttons and step over once healthy boundaries; making excuses for their actual behaviour "Maybe its me, I'm too hard", going against your values, allowing the person to avoid dealing with your true feelings. 


I understand and take full responsibility in how my passive, nonchalant demeanour enabled such behaviours to go under the radar as people will only treat you how YOU ALLOW. So by being quiet, walking on egg shells and/or laughing things off to avoid confrontation I gave off the impression that what they were doing is perfectly acceptable, but once I stood my ground I saw true colours, you see who really loves you for who you are/willing to work it through or love the idea of you and what you can do for them. 

It doesn't make you a bad person if you draw boundaries around your soul choosing who to share it with, because some people only know how to take. They give, but give under the impression they are entitled to something, anything in return. The problem with being too nice is you end up giving to the point you're mentally exhausted and spiritually drained. Love should reinvigorate both parties. 

So the biggest lesson I'm taking into 2016 is loving myself more, growing closer to God, growing as a human being, a better man, comfortable with himself first before anything and establishing stronger boundaries that define me and the life I would like to lead. 

For anyone who may feel trapped, know that YOU have the power to change any situation you find yourself in. We are not perfect so embrace your humanity  when you stumble, but it's better to try and fail (then try again) than settling and knowing you're settling out of fear.

Hope you all had a blessed new year and 2016 will be an amazing year of growth for us all!

Be you. 
Be beautiful. 
LeRoi Poet 💗  
Instagram @leroipoet 

No comments:

Post a Comment