Google+ LeRoi Poet - A Poet For You: Mother & Son (A Mothers Day Tale) By LeRoi Poet

Saturday 9 March 2013

Mother & Son (A Mothers Day Tale) By LeRoi Poet

Mother & Son Notes Poem below:

Came into the world a premature birth,
Struggling in the doctors’ arms to breathe,
To draw that breath and expand his girth,
Mums eyes closed – praying, have to believe.

With no hesitation they hurried to incubation,
Laid gently and placed wires in him, like playstation.
Been 10 minutes, growing cold, still and serene,
No pulse picked up by the machine,
Doctors are losing their self esteem.
But not the mother, she forces herself to her feet,
Wearily she approaches courageously,
I’m here for you so don’t give up on me,
The lord sent you to make history,
So wake up son, fulfil your destiny.

I will always be there for you,
In your struggles to pull you through,
There’s nothing I wouldn’t do – Just ask me,
I am your mother and love you unconditionally,
There’ll be no need to hide,
For I will always be, by your side.

Mum watches intensely out of blurry eyes,
She sees the slightest movement, he begins to softly cry,
Thank you God she says out loud,
For a son that sings that beautiful sound.
Blesses him from his tiny feet up to his crown,
Asking the doctors if she can hold him now?
Wrapped in a blanket a nice warm cover,
They pass him over to his weeping mother.

I will always be there for you,
In your struggles to pull you through,
There’s nothing I wouldn’t do – Just ask me,
I am your mother and love you unconditionally,
There’ll be no need to hide,
For i will always be, by your side.

Instantly she felt this strong link,
She could feel his heart and hers beating in sync,
He opens his eyes of innocence,
To a mother with a smile so vibrant,
He copies, deeply dimpled and pink gums,
Mum takes out her breast to fill up his tum;
She helps him to get his first feed,
And build up the strength his body needs.
Few weeks nearly a month has passed,
Look at the how he’s changed, now got a firm grasp,
Eyes bright and alert, holding onto mums finger,
Kicking out with his feet when he joins her in laughter,
This marks the beginning of a Son & Mother,
Growing closer and tighter,
Now and Forever..

© ROOTZ. All rights reserved

+1, Share, comment Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. :) Love your blog set up!

    ReplyDelete