Google+ LeRoi Poet - A Poet For You: The Lecture By LeRoi Poet

Friday 20 September 2013

The Lecture By LeRoi Poet

Notes on The Lecture. Poem Below.

These lectures make me feel drowsy,
Sitting here, slowly losing vitality,
Swiftly leeching away my energy,


I can’t stop thinking of subtle sleep,
Not for long, I promise myself, just a peep.
My eyelids begin to close,
My mind begins to go,
My head is rocking forward,
Then sharply moving backwards.
I can still hear the lecturer: In this essay I expe-
Blah Blah Blah...
As my mind begins, to drift afar.

My will to succeed, jolts my body,
Into awaking, concentrating intensively,
Thinking that’s slacking, this year is tough business,
Have to give more than 100%, nothing less.
I can feel a headache encroaching,
Eyes is pulsing, head is gently throbbing,
Grab my water off table, slowly sipping,
Reach in my pocket, pop out a couple Anadin,
Extra strong, exactly what I’m longing.
Body weak, I feel like I can’t take no more,
Glance at my watch, then at the exit door,
Jeez, it’s only eleven and I finish at four!

Okay LeRoi, pull yourself together, concentrate!
Pick up your pen, be wide eyed, sit up straight!
Drink more water, shake your head, and get out this state!
Striving for success, the degree I’m longing for,
That’s exactly what I’m here for,
I have to give much more,
I mean, I will give so much more.
Old ways being left, I will motivate myself,
Get my mind focused, on the future wealth,
Right now I got to work hard, so I can manage
A smoother and clearer passage
To what I envisaged.

To the left you will find more of my poems. Thanks for reading!

© ROOTZ. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment