Google+ LeRoi Poet - A Poet For You: An Unsual Perspective By LeRoi Poet

Wednesday 27 November 2013

An Unsual Perspective By LeRoi Poet

For Prompt of the Week, set by the Poets of Google + community we had to tell the story of the image in this post in 15 lines.
This is mine, tell me what you think I wonder what's yours!

I scream to wake him, like he ordered me to. One stroke, I fall silent,
Takes me into the shower, singing my songs as the temperature is rising.
I watch him get dressed. He places me in my favourite leather jacket,
He stares at me with eyes full of hope, proclaiming: please Lord I pray I got it!

I was laid next to his laptop while he worked for many hours,
With the occasional break for crumbly biscuits, coffee and sweets that are sour.
I vibrate and soft shaking hands surround my torso,
I beep on his command, somebody says "hello".
I think it was good news, I kept hearing thank you,
I knew it was good news when he put me down with "woooohoooo"!

Another long day, time for bed I heard him say,
I beep 3 times, exhausted. I wouldn't want it any other way.
He takes off my jacket, lays me on my pillow and falls beside me ,
He's snug I'm feeding of plugs as we both recharge our battery.
...ZzZ...ZzZz...ZzZzZ....


If you attempt, don't forget to link my blog + name to your post, so I can have a read :)

Thanks for your time, find my top poems on the left and more on My Blog!
© ROOTZ. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment